Dr. Reed has provided consultation services on civil and criminal matters; and reviews medical records for independent medical evaluations relating to neuropsychological issues in children and adolescents.
Additionally, she consults with health and mental health care agencies and providers regarding coverage and benefits, quality of care, program implementation, and program evaluation. Her strengths are in policy implementation, development of outcome measures, research design, and compliance review. She is an experienced grant writer, Principal Investigator, and Project Director on local, state, and federal grants and contracts aimed at evaluating quality and outcomes. She established an External Quality Review Organization and presented research on state and community-based mental health and health care services.
Project Director/Principal Investigator
- Boone County Mental Health Needs Assessment. Commissioned by the Boone County Mental Health Board of Trustees and Boone County Commission, MO.
Consumer Satisfaction Survey for Developmentally Disabled Consumers. Office of Productive Living Services. Commissioned by the Productive Living Board of St. Louis County, St. Louis, MO.
- External Quality Review. Includes Evaluation of Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), MC+ Medicaid Managed Care, and Children with Special Health Care Needs, Contract No. C3001154001,
Statewide Evaluation of Missouri’s Caring Communities’. Contract No. C300227001-003.
- Evaluation of the Medicaid Section 1115 Waiver, contracted by the Division of Medical Services, Missouri Department of Social Services, Missouri. Contract No. C002022001.
Missouri Department of Mental Health Child Outcome Study, Missouri Institute of Mental Health.
- Meeting the Mental Health Needs of Youth in the Juvenile Justice System. Missouri Institute of Mental Health. Interagency strategic planning initiative by the Missouri Alliance of Mental Health and Juvenile Justice, funded by the US. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) with the Missouri Department of Public Safety and the State Juvenile Justice Advisory Group. Conducted statewide focus groups with state agency providers and administrators.
- Training and Consultation on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Psychiatric Diversion intervention planning and case staffing for children in the custody Division of Family Service with intensive psychiatric or psychosocial needs.
- Child and Adolescent Service System (CASSP) intervention planning and case staffing for children with Serious Emotional Disturbances in need of intensive psychiatric or human services.
Reed, J. S. (2005, January). Performance Improvement Projects. Workshop presented to the Quality Assessment and Improvement Advisory Group for the MC+ Managed Care Program, Jefferson City, MO.
Reed, J. S., & Holcomb, W.R. (2002, November). Evaluability of multi-site community-based service integration initiatives. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Evaluation Association, Washington, DC.
Reed, J.S. & Holcomb, W.R. (2002, June). Health status and access: Impact of State Children’s Health Insurance. Poster session presented at the Annual Meeting for the Academy for Health Services Research and Health Policy, Washington, DC.
Reed, J.S. (2002, May). Expert witness examination of a Neuropsychologist in capital murder sentencing. Missouri State Public Defender’s Advocacy Workshop.
Reed, J.S. (2002, April). Neuropsychological screening protocol for correctional behavioral health services.
Schopp, L.H., Slaughter, J.R., Reed, J.S., Flowers, B.T., & Reid-Arndt, S. (2001, April). Evaluation and community-based rehabilitation of childhood traumatic brain injury. In L.H. Schopp (Chair), Behavioral health needs of clients and families with traumatic brain injury, Presentation to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine Northeast Regional Medical Center.
Schopp, L.H., Johnstone, B.J., Rupright, S.J., Price, T., Reed, J.S., & Reid-Arndt, S. (2001, April). Evaluation and community-based rehabilitation of childhood traumatic brain injury. In L.H. Schopp (Chair), Behavioral health needs of clients and families with traumatic brain injury, Presentation to the Midwest Association of School Psychologists, Columbia, MO.
Reed, J.S., Horowitz, B., & Martin, M. (2000, October). Rural behavioral health systems of care for children. In J.S. Reed (Chair), Issues and strategies in rural behavioral health services, Invited symposium at the Rural Health Conference of the Missouri Rural Health Association, Jefferson City, MO.
Schopp, L.H., Johnstone, B.J., Rupright, S.J., Reed, J.S., Imhoff, T., & Allen V.L. (2000, October). Evaluation and community-based rehabilitation of childhood traumatic brain injury. In L.H. Schopp (Chair), Traumatic brain injury workshop for behavioral health care providers, Invited symposium conducted at the annual meeting of the Missouri Psychological Association, Jefferson City, MO.
Lindsay, J., Holcomb, W., and Reed, J.S. (2000, August). Preventing child abuse and neglect through coordination of social services. Poster presentation at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.
Reed, J.S. (2000, June). Evaluation and community-based rehabilitation of childhood traumatic brain injury. In L.H. Schopp (Chair), Traumatic brain injury workshop for behavioral health care providers, Invited symposium at the meeting of the Missouri Psychological Assn., Osage Beach, MO.
Farmer, J.E., Reed, J.S. & Short, R.J. (1998, August). Intervention and prevention with families of very young children. In J.E. Farmer (Chair), Treatment prevention of disability in children through interprofessional alliances. Symposium conducted at the 106th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, San Francisco, CA.
Reed, J.S., Gernett-Dott, P., & Farmer, J.E. (1996, April). The clinical utility of neuropsychological measures in the diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Presented at the Annual Conference of the Missouri Psychological Association, St. Louis, MO.
Reed, J.S., & Dubow, E.F. (1995, March). Cognitive and behavioral predictors of parent-adolescent problem-solving communication behavior. Poster presented at the Biennial Conference of the Society for Research in Child Development, Indianapolis, IN.
Dubow, E.F., Cappas, C., Causey, D., Green, E., Griffith, M., Reed, J., & Reid, G. (1989, October). Stress and protective factors in childhood and adolescence. Presented at the meeting of the Eco-Community Psychology Conference, North Webster, Indiana.
Reed, J.S., & Dubow, E.F. (1989, March). Family conflict and adolescent maladjustment. Poster presented at the meeting of the Midwestern Psychological Association, Chicago, IL.
Dubow, E.F., Blum, M.C., & Reed, J.S. (1988, August). Adolescent life stress, social support, and suicidal ideation. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Atlanta, GA.